We are currently recruiting for an Audit & Accounts Semi Senior to be based in our Guildford office.
As an Audit and Accounts Semi Senior based in our Guildford office you will be working towards an ACA/ACCA Qualification. Working within the accounting team effectively and to assist in keeping clients by delivering to them what is promised by the firm.
This position will provide you with the opportunity to gain valuable skills and experience within a public practice environment, while studying for a recognised qualification.
Your role will be varied and include liaising with clients, working off site and have the opportunity of working at one of our other sites.
You will receive structured training and full financial and managerial support during your study.
Skills & expertise
- Working towards your ACA – ACCA qualification
- Preferably a Degree in an appropriate subject
- Experience within a similar office/accounting environment desirable
- Prepare analysis of accounting data from clients books and records.
- Ensure client database have the relevant documentation on the appropriate section.
- Active adherence to budgets and timetables, bringing matters to the attention of the manager/partner,particularly when actual time exceeds budget.
- Ensure compliance with internal and external standards, rules, and requirements.
- Identify and understand clients’ needs, including sometimes providing initial solutions to client challenges,then communicating these needs to the manager/partner.
- Build strong relationships with new and established clients.
- Achieve annual chargeable hours targets.
- Adhere to internal admin including billing clients and debt collection where required.
- Follow a professional accountancy qualification under the terms and conditions contained in the Student Rules.
The above is not an exhaustive list of duties and you will be expected to perform different tasks as necessitated by both your changing role and the overall business objectives of the Firm.
About the candidate
You will need an aptitude for analytical thinking and good attention to detail. Excellent communication and interpersonal skills and the ability to work well as part ofa team or on your own are all qualities needed to succeed in this role.
You must be conversant with computer packages, and you will have a willingness to learn new tasks, be organised, reliable and pay excellent attention to detail.
You have good time management skills and the ability to meet tight deadlines and budgets. You can prepare and present information through liaising with other team members and have the understanding and appreciation of other people’s and the Firm’s targets.
Our Moore Learning programme aims to nurture and develop you, we aim to help each person to be an integral part of the business. For incentivised individuals this inclusive in-house training pathway is an initiative developed specifically for our people.